Monday, May 22, 2017

The Grounds of Osborne House

This year I am hoping to visit as many English Historic sites as possible. With both a National Trust and an English Heritage pass at my fingertips, the world is my oyster, or at least English History anyway!
I'm sure with the recent TV series Victoria many people have a renewed interest in this fascinating queen. But from the portrayals of her life as a young woman to the ones of her later years, and the love she shared with Prince Albert, she remains an object of fascination.
One thing that is easy to understand though, is why she loved the Isle of Wight so much. It's a place of such natural beauty.
Below are a few of the photos of the grounds of Osborne House taken on my last visit, I will be going again very soon. I'm sure that hemmed in as she was by her royal status and the expectations and responsibilities of a woman who ruled a third of the planet, the grounds of Osborne must have felt like a godsend.
To awaken in the morning, be able to stand on the lovely terrace, walk the wonderful gardens and view the ocean would have been an incredible boon.




No comments:

Post a Comment