Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Favorite Moments from My Books

 I thought I would begin posting a few favorite moments from my books. It's not always easy to get a real feel for a book merely from a blurb, so I will be posting a series of short scenes or 'moments' from my novels that I am particularly fond of.

This is a moment from The Curious Curate and the Opera Singer when Amelie and Aiden first meet. She is being pursued by an ardent admirer and has taken refuge in a stable: 

The sound of the main stable door creaking open secured her attention. Quickly grasping her whip firmly in her hand she ducked down behind the closed half-door to Calliope’s stall out of view. If that odious man had followed her here after all…

“Hello?” a masculine voice called.

“Go away, I have no intention of becoming your mistress!” she called out.

A cultured and slightly amused voice answered her. “Indeed, madam! I am not currently seeking one!”

With her whip held aloft in readiness, Amelie popped her head above the half-door to see who the man was and gasped in mortification. A vicar.

The Curious Curate and the Opera Singer

 US   UK   CA   AUS  



No comments:

Post a Comment