Friday, November 10, 2023

Language: Regency Style

While the weather is so unpredictable, it is a good time to settle down with a good book. Whether you are a reader or a writer, here are a few of my latest Language: Regency Style posts. You can find the rest by clicking on my  Writer's Tool Kit  here on my blog and on Pinterest at:  Milly Jane's Writer's Tool kit   

Don't forget to check out my Regency romances on Amazon too.

You can find my books at my Amazon Author Pages:

Milly Jane Maven US 

Milly Jane Maven UK 

Milly Jane Maven CAN  

Milly Jane Maven AUS



It was common for a Regency gentleman to be referred to as 'Foxed' 
or 'In his cups' if he was drunk or tipsy. 
Something we often refer to in our Regency rakes.


Many of us who love to read these days, may have fallen into the category of 
bluestocking in Regency England. Though books would have been enormously expensive, 
you would have needed to find a lending library.


The cut direct was a very public and purposeful way of humiliating someone
 in Regency England, usually by simply turning away.

No comments:

Post a Comment